Sunday, June 3, 2012

Full of firsts

There are many joys in parenting. Firsts are probably ranked up there at the top. Seeing our children do things and go places for the first time, through mommy/daddy eyes, are just fantastic. There have been some wonderful firsts around here lately.

First Sleepover for Miss Ella
She was so excited when I told her that her friend wanted her to come over for a sleepover.
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

She packed her bags and talked about how she would take a deep breath when she got nervous. She talked about how she would eat whatever she was served and would say thank you when she could. As her momma, I was on cloud nine watching her be so excited and so grown up.
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

She had a great time. There were no tears. She wasn't scared, at all. She was nice and had oatmeal for breakfast. I loved here report when she came home. I can only see more sleepovers in our future. Speaking of sleepovers....

First Drive - in movie

Chase had a sleepover on the same night Ella was gone. He had 3 friends over and we headed to the drive in. A first that I really look forward to. There is something about drive in's that just scream summer. Kind of like bbq's! Anywho, the boys had a great time. They even got to meet the owner of the drive-in. He has had it for 62 years!
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Snacks are a requirement at the drive in!!


First Farmers Market

Saturday mornings are always my favorite in the summer. A little meal planning and then we are off to the farmers market. This Saturday was our first visit back. We scooted neighbors out the door back to their own homes and packed us all in the van. Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

It was so good to be back!! I feel like I did good this time. I spent $20 and got all of this :
3 crowns of broccoli, 1 head of cabbage, 4 turnips, 1 big bunch of radishes, 1 big bunch of carrots, 8 plums, 2 tomatoes, bag of green beans, 2 cucumbers, and 4 honey sticks.

IMG_20120602_101014
The kiddos enjoying the honey sticks.

It felt good to be back!!

First butterfly baby

Photobucket
Isn't it just beautiful! I actually got to watch the momma butterfly lay this one. Awesome sight to see the circle of life happen right before your very eyes!

First Cucumber

Photobucket
Hi love!!

First Blueberry Plant

Photobucket
I am truely going to test my green thumb on this one. Blueberries are very picky and die easily. Let's hope I do well with it.

First Chore Card

Photobucket
This is the first time we have used chore cards to get the house cleaned. It went well and once the girls get a little older, it will run so smoothly!!

The firsts aren't stopping this week. Ella has her very first soccer practice tomorrow night. It will be so fun to watch her play something. And at the same time, I am excited for Chase to be a spectater at her sports. A chance for him to learn what it means to support your family. Along with a playdate, baseball practice, baseball game,  and a first time visit to the Marble Factory, this week plans to be a fun one!Happy Sunday to all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages